I told her: - you are not going back.
Don't leave me, Auntie, promise me. - I promise you won't go back.
And I asked her: - Why are you barefoot?
Auntie, did we have time to get slippers? I didn't have time, the only thing I wanted was to leave this place. You see, nobody has slippers, nobody has anything, we just brought our clothes."
Read current news on AllAfrica:
Support AllAfrica (Donate): https://allafrica.com/commerce/contribute/
Advertise on AllAfrica: https://partners.allafrica.com/
Subscribe to AllAfrica News Archives (going back to 1996!!!)
* Individuals: https://allafrica.com/commerce/user/subscribe/
* Libraries and Institutions: https://allafrica.com/misc/info/subscribe/institutional.html
* Twitter (English): https://twitter.com/allafrica
* Twitter (French): http://twitter.com/allafricafrench
* Facebook (English): http://www.facebook.com/pages/allAfricacom/98946450029
* Facebook (French): https://www.facebook.com/pages/AllAfricacom-Fran%C3%A7ais/300579543341939
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/allafrica
* Google+: https://plus.google.com/+allafrica
AllAfrica is a voice of, by and about Africa - aggregating, producing and distributing 800 news and information items daily from over 140 African news organizations and our own reporters to an African and global public. We operate from Cape Town, Dakar, Abuja, Monrovia, Nairobi and Washington DC.